Drug overdose is the leading cause of accidental death in the US.
Opioid addiction is driving this epidemic and has increased by over 430% in the past seven years.
Things must change and we must change them TOGETHER –
join a collaboration to speak with one voice and help to make the changes we need to reduce addiction in America.
Joining Together – The Recovery Army
It is imperative that the pharmaceutical and medical industry work together. Doctors systemically look at pain as a subjective symptom of an illness or injury. But what happens when addiction develops and becomes a REAL subjective symptom of the medication itself? The addiction must be treated, a problem the medical industry has been ill equipped to deal with!
- Pharmaceutical industry must no longer offer financial benefits to the medical industry to “push” drugs.
- Educators and school districts must embrace communities with relevant and effective strategies to assist both the student and the parent.
- Insurance companies must provide adequate treatment or access to treatment based on the individualized needs.
- Judicial systems that foster a system with continual slaps on the wrists, hoping a spiraling addict involved with crime will somehow get it together without treatment simply induces harm, costs and recidivism and is ineffective.
- Treatment providers release addicts too early, without relapse prevention or follow-up, in a week, or in a month, know the addict is not ready. This practice must change.
- Parents, who think that it’s “Not Their Kid” or in their backyard must learn about current teen drug use and teach their children from a very early age the extreme dangers of drugs and alcohol.
- Federal, State, and Local Governments and agencies must join together to discuss strategy rather than the current practice of doing so in silos.
Robert Bogues is an inspirational and motivated Champion of Recovery that literally encourages so many people to find THEIR Journey to Recovery.
Jason Otterbeck after recovery, exhibits a life beyond dreams.
Steve Herndon, As a professional athlete and NFL Pro, Steve shares his incredible journey through his years as a Georgia Bulldog and his 6 years in the NFL with the Denver Broncos and the Atlanta Falcons. As often happens, his addiction ran rampant through those years and he overcame this to find Recovery. An incredible story that will inspire!!!
Dorothy Sword shows us how beautiful recovery can be.
Our Recovery Army Blog
From Heroin Addiction to
Alcohol Related Problems ►
Yes! I want to join the Recovery Army!